What does red blister inside the vagina indiate?

May 2013
I have a red, blister looking spot inside my vagina at the point where I had a hysterectomy years ago, with reddish around the area. The past few days, the entire area has become painful.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly granulation tissue Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your description the possible causes are: -Formation of granulation tissue at the suture area. Granulation tissue is composed of blood vessels and connective tissue. That can develop years after hysterectomy also. -Adhesions or formation of scar tissue. -Rarely if cervical tissue is remaining that can lead to erosion, neoplasia etc. So, once consult gynecologist and get examined. By examination the exact cause of the problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.