What does red bits of fleshy tissue in stool mean?

Pinkish/Red bits of fleshy looking tissue in stool? What is this related to?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
With a h/o diverticulitis in the past and pain abdomen at present suggests that the red looking fleshy bits are blood clots unless proven otherwise.
If you have eaten something of vegetable/fruit origin like red watermelon, beets, tomato salad, they can give the stool a colored appearance.
If they are brownish grey thread like product they can be bits of intestinal parasites.
In any case get a stool examination done and also get serial hemoglobin level to detect if there is a drop in Hb levels.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!