What does reading of 2-4 in pus cell mean?

What does it mean when your microscopic exam shows a reading of 2-4 in my pus cells. I AMA male of 43yrs of age.thanks
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: It means they can see 2-4pus cells/view Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. A reading of 2-4 means that averagely they can see 2-4pus cells each time they look under the microscope. No matter the area they look, they can see at least 2 pus cells and a maximum of 4pus cells. Depending o the exam, this may represent signs of an infection while for others it can just be normal. It would be abnormal for a sterile fluid like spinal fluid but may be normal if this were found in urine. I hope this helps and addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to ask fr more information if need be and clarifications. Thanks for using our services. Dr.. Ditah, MD.