What does rapid progressive 5%,slowly progressive 5% and Non motile 80% indicate?

Mar 2013
Good day dotor,I am 46 years old and my wife is 14 weeks pregnant,I had a renal cell carninoma operation and the doctors took out a very large tumor from my kidney and they did a partial nefrectomy,I am also type 2 diabetic both on insulin and pills,I last week had a sperm count,,my volume was 4.0 mL,sperm concentration 29 , Motility rapid progressive 5% slowly progressive 5% Non progressive 10% Non motile 80% Normal forms 14% I am not sure if I am fertile or not and had been in very big doubt and hurt and very unhappy... Would you kindly give me the honest answer i need, Best of Regards
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. BY standard definitions, your semen count is normal, though the lower range of normal. Also, the motility is quite low. Abnormal sperm forms are also high. This is accounted by your co morbidities as you have listed them. Regarding your fertility, this much can be said - Fertility is compromised by the semen motility , however you are NOT infertile. Pregnancy can definitely be achieved by these numbers, however the chances of conception decrease as the sperm count and motility declines. In short, based on this report, I cannot say that you are NOT fertile. You can definitely impregnate a woman successfully, though you are lucky if pregnancy was achieved with such low motility. Only a DNA test would reassure you conclusively. All the best. Please feel free to discuss.