What does "posterior placenta with inferior margin" mean in an ultrasound?
User rating for this question
13 weeks ultrasound scan shows posterior placenta with inferior margin, what does it mean?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly placenta will migrate Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your description I am thinking that you are mentioning about posterior placenta with inferior margin reaching the lower uterine segment. In early weeks of pregnancy sometimes placental margin can reach the lower uterine segment. Usually with progression of pregnancy placenta will move upwards. This is called migration of placenta. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW Unless placenta covers the cervical os or approaches the cervical os, no need to worry. Regular followup checkups and ultrasound examinations are needed. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What does "posterior placenta with inferior margin" mean in an ultrasound? 4 minutes later
It mentions placenta is posterior with inferior margin reaching upto the internal os. Please advise if we need to take any precaution
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Better to be careful Detailed Answer: Hi, As placenta is approaching the cervical os the possibility of migration is somewhat low. But we cannot completely rule out the possibility. Regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations are needed to observe the placental position. You should avoid : - Strenuous activities like weight lifting -Intercourse -Journey etc. Be in rest as much as possible. If bleeding occurs consult gynecologist immediately. Let your family members know your position. Be ready with details of your blood group, hemoglobin levels etc. Placenta presenting in the lower part of uterus may not cause a major problem always but better to be careful. If placenta migrates with progression of gestational age, no need to worry. Take care.
People also viewed
- 6days delay can i take folic acid
- Is 61 a1c bad during pregnancy
- Placenta posterior upper segment ultrasound
- Female doctor erectile dysfunction exam
- Ultrasound shows posterior placenta and fibroid anything serious
- Fetus in ultrasound with grade 1 2, high lying posterior placenta
- Pregnant 6 weeks sac 6mm
- Mcbm 69 pregnancy wiki
- Nordette emergency contraception 65 hours
- Why doctor giving duphaston
- How to hide erection during doctor
- Ultrasound shows low lying posterior placenta normal
- Doctor said the eardrum was dull
- Placenta is fundo posterior in ultrasound report
- Dubai genitle warts doctor