What does placental grade 0 mean?

Hi am santhi 28 years old. Sonogram report shows that placenta is 23 weeks old and placental grade is 0. what does grade 0 mean ? is grade 0 is ok in the 23 week? What does Fetal head "midline" means? Placental location is " anterior and upper segment" Are fetal head midline and this placental location mentionaed above are fine and do they effect delivery?My blood test reports show RDW=15.4 this above normal what does this mean? Urine analysis is cloudy?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

The following are my answers to your queries one by one.

1. In an Obstetric ultrasound, a placenta of grade 0 refers to the placental maturity. Your placenta is yet immature which is expected at 23 weeks of gestation.

2. Fetal head midline means that the baby's head is in the center of the uterus and lies longitudinally which is the most common and normal position of the baby in uterus.

3. Placenta is located on anterior wall of uterus and out of the two segments - it is attached to the upper one. This attachment of placenta is also absolutely normal.

4, RDW means Red cell distribution width blood test that calculates any variation in size of RBC. Normal RDW range is 11 - 15%. Higher RDW is indicative of disorders such as anemia. Your RDW is just borderline high and you need to add iron supplements to your diet along with increasing your protein intake.

5. Cloudy urine can be due to urine infection. If the analysis shows pus cells also then you need to take antibiotics for treatment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.