What does pin size white head around labia minora indicate?

Mar 2016

I have a pin size white head on my left labia minora. No swelling, no redness, no pain, no itching, no burning, and no signs of unusual discharge or odor. Should I be concerned? What can it be?
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MOSTLY FOLLICULITIS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. According to your information, pin size white head around labia minora may be due to folliculitis (very small, painless pimple like around hair follicle of genital area). Folliculitis occurs due to skin irritation in contact with soap/ chemical substance for shaving or using condom. You should maintain genital hygiene properly. It goes away automatically in most of the cases. As there is no vaginal discharge, itching or bad smell, then possibility of vaginal infection is very much less. In this case, you may apply anti-bacterial cream or ointment like Neosporin etc to get rid of this. You must avoid unprotected sex and bath products/ chemical cosmetics until the problem is resolved . Hope I have answered your query. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Wish you good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen