What does pimples on penis after unprotected sex indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
hello i had some protected oral sex with a woman but as soon as i came back home i seen couple of pimple on my penis. they still there a month after. could someone help me
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be harmless but infection to be ruled out Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX The might be a number of causes for red spots on your penis depending on the size, number, distribution, any pain or itching. People often get scared when they find red spots in the penis but most of the time it is harmless. However, if due to any sexually transmitted disease, it must be confirmed and treated immediately to avoid complications and damage. In many people, most of the red itchy spots are caused by skin irritation during masturbation, oral sex or during sexual intercourse. It can also be due to allergy from lubricants or mild bacterial infection. In this case the spots should be treated with antibiotic, antifungal or steroid cream or usually they disappear on their own in couple of weeks. If they still persist than it's perhaps a condition which needs to be further investigated in detail suspecting a sexually transmitted infection. It is important to know if your oral sex partner has herpes infection. If she is infected, you must consult your doctor and get investigated for sexually transmitted infections. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What does pimples on penis after unprotected sex indicate? 4 hours later
do you have any idea of a product I should try to get? the spots are not itchy and the ones that are in a part where i dont put my hands on are almost gone. only the ones ( like 5) where i put my hands for masturbation are still there. i decided to stop any mastubation or sex until it gets resolved

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: You can apply Gentian violet solution locally. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, Thanks for writing back Masturbation or sex will regularly irritate it and don't allow to heal,so you should stop masturbation till lesions heal. You can apply topical lotions like Gentian violet.It will help in healing. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX