What does occasional rbc in semen analysis means?

what does occasional rbc in semen analysis means
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 14 minutes later
Thanks for posting query.
Having occasional red blood cells (RBC's ) in the semen is not normal and must be investigated further. It can be due to infection or trauma during masturbation but there are other causes like UTI, urethral calculi,

You have to visit your physician. Some test like complete blood count, urine for culture sensitivity, USG-KUB (ultrasound of the kidney-ureter-bladder region). These tests need to be done to find out the cause so that appropriate treatment can be started.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Wish your recovery.
Dr Sourav Ganguly