What does negative Hep C PCR mean after my treatment for Hep C?

my name is XXXXXXX & I found out I had hepc in 2003 & was treated with ribavarin & Interferon shot for 48 wks.No cure.In 2012 I was treated with the same two treatments listed plus,Incevik. Im confused about my mosy recent blood work results, Hep c virus ab >11.0 Hep c Quantitation - HCV Not detected What does this mean?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No active infection detected Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Based on the negative Hep C PCR, no viral copies are detected in your blood, which means either that the infection is currently supressed or has been controlled, which is of course good. The antibiodies just mean that your body indeed created apporpiate antibodies against the infection. Please follow with your GI physician for further guidance on surveillance. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN