What does myocardial damage mean?

What is inferior myocardial damage
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

The myocardium is another name for the heart muscle.
Inferior myocardial damage simply means damage to the lower part of the heart muscle. This however needs to be doubled checked with both laboratory tests and a cardiac ultrasound.

Blood tests like the serum Troponine I and Myoglobine shall quantify the amount of damage. CK - MB is another damage marker used in most cases. A cardiac ultrasound shall actually show the exact functioning state of the heart.

I suggest a consultation and discussion with your cardiologist would be very useful. Feel free asking any further questions if need be.

Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.