What does my pregnancy test report indicate?

Question
Hi....i had taken primolnut n for 3 days approx 2 tablets a day....and today is the third day nd I have still not got my period.....i have taken pregnancy test which has come negative and consumed an I pill as well..

Pl help...
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Insufficient dosage to bring periods.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Having I-pill during last 10 days of the cycle can cause a delay in the period by a week or more. Taking Primolut N twice a day for just 3 days is insufficient to start a withdrawal bleeding. Do continue it thrice a day for 3 more days and then stop having the pill. The bleeding should start 3 days after stopping the pill.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What does my pregnancy test report indicate? 19 minutes later
My periods were due on 28th of Oct and I started taking primolnut n to delay periods and continued till 31st...took an I pill on 2nd night.....

Shud I again start the primolnut n again?

I thought it is for delaying periods...how it can help in getting the periods again..

Pl explain..

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do wait for the periods.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.

After stopping Primolut N to delay the periods the bleeding should have started on 3-4 Nov but since you had an I-pill also this must have disturbed the hormonal balance. It is best to do a urine test to rule out pregnancy and wait for one week for the periods to start on their own.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: What does my pregnancy test report indicate? 32 minutes later
Have done the pregnancy test today in the morning and has shown a negative result...

Is that enough to rule out a pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Urine test is 97% accurate and this has ruled out the pregnancy. You can wait for your periods to start on their own.
Regards.