What does my biopsy report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hi
OH I CAN'T FIND THE PLACE TO UPLOAD MY REPORT
I have attached my biopsy report

Could you please tell me -

A) would you say I am on the lower end of low risk or closer to intermediate risk

B) I wonder why one of 3. has high grade PIN but only a 3+3
4. has high grade PIN and is 4+3
6. is 4+3 but has no PIN

C) What treatment you would advise. - I am very healthy otherwise.

thank you very much XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload your Prostate Biopsy report

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query There is no report attached to your query .

Please take help of a Customer Care team to upload report .

I would answer your questions as detailed below
1) The risk of the prostate cancer is determined by the grade which depends upon whether it is organ confined (Restricted to prostate itself ) or has infiltrated to surrounding structures or metastasized to distant organs or bones

2)Biopsy is taken from multiple points ,The Gleason's core (PIN) is labeled as per microscopic and histopatholgical distribution and appearance of malignant cells at that particular site It may not be identical at all the sites .It is always average of all the indices that is considered. However your Gleason's score seems to be 3+3 which is considered to be of intermediate risk.But prognosis and treatment depends upon how far it has been advanced .

3) The modality of treatment would be decided after thorough investigations like C.T Scan ,M.R I and Bone scan.

Your Urologist will be the best judge to decide the same .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does my biopsy report indicate? 2 hours later
HI

I have attached my biopsy report

) would you say I am on the lower end of low risk or closer to intermediate risk

B) How is it PIN can be with 3+3 and no pin with 4 + 3

in the report
1. and 3. have high grade PIN but only a 3+3

4. has high grade PIN and is 4+3

6. is 4+3 but has no PIN

thank you very much
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no report attached to your fresh query.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I am unable to answer your fresh query as there is no biopsy report attached .You need to seek help from technical team of Health Care Magic to upload the report .

As regards the prognosis and risk I would state that prognosis or risk can be decided only on biopsy results .
There are multiple factors like spread of the disease ,whether it is organ confined or spread to bones lymph nodes etc.that determine the modality of treatment and prognosis .

Consult your Urologist for further investigations .He would be the best judge to decide the further modality of treatment and prognosis /

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does my biopsy report indicate? 16 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have Organ Confined Carcinoma of Prostate .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for uploading Prostate biopsy reports .

It reveals organ confined Adenocarcinoma of the prostate with XXXXXXX Score of 6-7 .

Since it has not spread beyond capsule of the prostate I would suggest you to undergo Radical Prostatectomy( Removal of Prostate ) after doing C T Scan ad MRI to rule out spread through blood stream .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.