What does "multipolyp in gallbladder less than 1 mm" mean?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nexito does not affect the liver Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Nexito, like numerous other drugs, is detoxified in the liver, but does not affect it. Multiple gall bladder polyps are usually benign (non-cancerous) at your age and contain cholesterol. You have not mentioned if you have any symptoms/ problems. If you have no symptoms, the polyps monitored for 6–12 months with control ultrasound scans, in order to detect any rapid growth. Rapid increase in size of the polyps denotes malignancy. I would recommend that you get ultrasound done every 6 months, for at least 2 years, to detect any change in size. No treatment is required polyps at present. However, if you do develop any problems in future, consult a Gastroenterologist, who will evaluate and guide you on the best course of action. In the meanwhile, get your Lipid Profile done. You may need cholesterol-lowering drugs if cholesterol levels are found to be high. Lastly, take Vitamin D3 (Calcitriol) 0.5micrograms/day along with calcium supplement for Vit D deficiency. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What does "multipolyp in gallbladder less than 1 mm" mean? 1 hour later
hi thanks does stopping nextio plus is ok now
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Let your treating doctor decide Detailed Answer: I presume that Nexito was prescribed by your Psychiatrist/doctor. You should therefore consult your treating doctor and let him decide whether to reduce the dose or stop it all together.
People also viewed
- Is general tiredness and weakness a side effect of xifaxan?
- Is swelling in the legs and ankles a side effect of xolair?
- What does mean if my gallbladder thick
- Is troubled breathing with exertion a side effect of zetia?
- What does a distended gallbladder mean
- Is fever with or without chills a side effect of absorica?
- Blood pressure 99 over 63
- What does gallbladder inflammation mean
- What does a thickened gallbladder meaning
- 63 years old and ckd stage 3
- 63 days stopped smoking
- Vaginal bleeding at 63
- What does multipolyp in gallbladder less than 1 mm mean
- What are the side effects of vitamins a, c, d and fluoride?
- Blood glucose reading 63