What does "multipolyp in gallbladder less than 1 mm" mean?

hi i had used nexito plus fpor 6-8mths does this effects liver and i had ultra scan which says multipolyp in gallbladder less than 1 mm and i had lft test also which is normal and thorid simulation test,rbs,cbp all are normal but except vitamin d2 insufficient
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nexito does not affect the liver Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Nexito, like numerous other drugs, is detoxified in the liver, but does not affect it. Multiple gall bladder polyps are usually benign (non-cancerous) at your age and contain cholesterol. You have not mentioned if you have any symptoms/ problems. If you have no symptoms, the polyps monitored for 6–12 months with control ultrasound scans, in order to detect any rapid growth. Rapid increase in size of the polyps denotes malignancy. I would recommend that you get ultrasound done every 6 months, for at least 2 years, to detect any change in size. No treatment is required polyps at present. However, if you do develop any problems in future, consult a Gastroenterologist, who will evaluate and guide you on the best course of action. In the meanwhile, get your Lipid Profile done. You may need cholesterol-lowering drugs if cholesterol levels are found to be high. Lastly, take Vitamin D3 (Calcitriol) 0.5micrograms/day along with calcium supplement for Vit D deficiency. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: What does "multipolyp in gallbladder less than 1 mm" mean? 1 hour later
hi thanks does stopping nextio plus is ok now
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Let your treating doctor decide Detailed Answer: I presume that Nexito was prescribed by your Psychiatrist/doctor. You should therefore consult your treating doctor and let him decide whether to reduce the dose or stop it all together.