What does multiple level cervical disc bulges with degenerative change mean?

T2W screening of cervicodorsal spine revealed multiple level cervical disc bulges with degenerative changes
What does it mean and what are the precautions to be taken ?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 16 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Degenerative changes are age related process of human body. There is water content in intervertebral disc which decreases as age advances. So disc increases in its circumference known as diffuse bulge. You are having such changes in cervical region.
No need to take special precautions unless and until you have symptoms like upper limb tingling and numbness. If you are having symptoms then consult your orthopaedician for further management. Cervical collar belt or physiotherapy may be advised depending on clinical scenario.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: What does multiple level cervical disc bulges with degenerative change mean? 12 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for your clear answer. A small question - is there any remedy to arrest this type of symptom I.e., decrease of water content
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 23 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
Sorry to say but we can't arrest this process. It is nature's rule that our body will degenerate gradually. So just ignore it and enjoy as much as possible.