What does mild fever with chills,nausea and cold sweating indicate?

Apr 2014

Hi Doctor, I am having occasional and very mild fever (max 99 degree F) from last one week.The fever comes with mild chills,nausea and cold sweating.Diagnostic tests for CBC of blood is normal except minor increased Eosinophils (07%). Rapid malaria antigen test is negative.Liver Function test is also normal. In WIDAL test the result is: S. typhi O : No Agglutination S. typhi H : No Agglutination S. paratyphi A H : No Agglutination S. paratyphi B H : Agglutination seen (titre 1:160) Does this mean that I have typhoid ?Confirmed ? Since my symptoms are very mild....very mild fever and that too occasional ,but it is always accompanied by nausea and mild chills,cold hands and feet.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from paratyphoid fever. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to us You are suffering from Paratyphoid fever not typhoid fever. Paratyphoid fever is caused by another bacteria S.Paratyphi whereas typhoid fever is caused by S.typhi. You are positive for S.paratyphi B H.It is among one of the strains of S.paratyphi. It is closely related to typhoid fever but is not typical typhoid fever.It is milder than typhoid fever and it has shorter course of illness. You need antibiotics.Paratyphoid responds well to co-trimoxazole.You can take tablet co-trimoxazole twice daily for seven days. You can take tablet paracetamol 500 mg SOS if temperatre >100 degree F. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX