What does 'mild anisopoikilocytosis' indicate in a blood report?

Rheumatologist
Question
RBC: mild anisopoikilocytosis Predominantly normocytic normochromic with ovalocytes
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: elliptocytpsis Detailed Answer: Hi I m dr Alok, pleased to answer your health related queries With the given report it indicate elliptocytosis, If HB is normal than there is no need to worry, as itmay be hereditary I would like to know why this test was performed? In a routine testing, there is no concern but if anemia is present, we need to look for other things also

Follow-up: What does 'mild anisopoikilocytosis' indicate in a blood report? 1 hour later
Dr it was a rotine test my HB is 12.5 kindly advice

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: normal Detailed Answer: There is no need to worry Probably you have hereditary mild elliptocytosis with not much significance

Follow-up: What does 'mild anisopoikilocytosis' indicate in a blood report? 17 hours later
Dr pl advice what I should do to improve my condition ie like diet, any medicine,habit I, should live or follow etc.,

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: a healthy diet including leafy vegatables Detailed Answer: Take diet rich of folic acid and vitamin B12 or can think of supplementing with tablet of folic acid and Vitamin B12 No specific medical therapy is indicated for this disease, especially because you are asymptomatic.