What does "malignant neoplasm of breast" mean?
User rating for this question
I want to understand "malignant neoplasm of breast" on my file. I had surgery on April 8, 2004 and was told that I did not have breast cancer, but they removed the tumor and all of my lymph nodes under my left arm and breast. I was in XXXXXXX for two years and every doctor I saw stated that I had to have breast cancer for all of my lymph nodes to be removed. They requested copies of my files and have changed my status. I just want to understand and be as proactive as possible.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Going in to your surgery, there was obviously concern about cancer as they removed the tumor and surrounding lymph nodes. My only guess is that the final pathology from the surgery showed that the lymph nodes were negative and the tumor, whatever it was, had not spread to indicate a need for any additional treatment. In any case, their communication was extremely poor. Here is what needs to happen: 1. You need a consult visit with a Breast Surgeon 2. You need to get copies of the prior breast imaging, surgical operative report, and pathology reports 3. You need them to review these results and explain exactly what was done and what your diagnosis actually is at this time. 4. You need to specifically ask them what the followup plan should have been and what it is moving forward. It is also not appropriate to tell you that they have "changed my status" in the chart without, once again, sitting down and reviewing these reports with you in person. You deserve this explanation!!! I hope that this helps and good luck!
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for chronic calcific pancreatitis
- Treatment and cure for ovarian masses/tumors
- Red bump on nose that bleeds
- Papillary neoplasm breast
- Bleeding bumps around clitoris
- Malignant neoplasm of bronchus
- Treatment and cure for mandibular cancer
- Bump bleeding hard palate
- What does malignant neoplasm mean
- Bump near top of rectum that bleeds
- What does malignant neoplasm of breast mean
- Treatment and cure for genetic tumor
- Neoplasm of breast
- Treatment and cure for ultrasound cancer
- Tiny bleeding bumps outer labia