What does lump on the perinium indicate?

I have just found lump on my peri, soft, painless, size of large pea, sort of posterior vaginal wall, actually more size of large marble ... Thanks YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Needs pelvic examination Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM. I went through your query and understood your concerns. Your symptoms are more suggestive of Gartner's cayst. Which is usually painless lump on side wall of vagina. If a patient comes to with this symptom, first i would like do a pelvic examination, I like to rule out prolapse of uterus at this stage and will take biopsy rule out vaginal cancer, especially if the mass appears to be solid.If the cyst is located under the bladder or urethra, also like to get X-rays to be sure the cyst does not involve these structures. In most of the cases treatment needed may simply involve routine exams and watching the cyst for growth and other changes. Surgery may be needed if the cyst is causing symptoms. However, this can sometimes be a very involved surgery and is not recommended unless you are having more severe symptoms. Hope this information helpful to you, feel free to ask further related query, i will be glad to answer them. Regards
Follow-up: What does lump on the perinium indicate? 11 minutes later
Thanks, I had another feel its soft but round, definitely movable and I can feel tube like structure near this. I am currently going through menopause. I have looked at definition of gartners cyst, can I just watch and see if there are changed as it's not worrying me, I didn't even notice it except thinking of having a good feel for changes happening because of menopause. Thanks again for your prompt reply, The position is posterior towards rectum, I can feel it between thumb in vagina pressing on back walk and other finger on peri towards rectum. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Needs examination for confirmation. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for the follow up query. Your description of symptoms are in more favour of gartner cyst.But need to get examined by your doctor for confirmation of condition. Consult your doctor for examination. Once cyst is confirmed with nk other problem, need to worry. Hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Regards