What does low troponin value indicate?
User rating for this question
Went to er dizzy .. My labs ok but why is the troponin <0.02 range (0.02-0.04) and says L for low ?? Why did they let me go home is that serious ??
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, Good day. Please dont worry seeing a low Troponin value. It is not serious. Detailed Answer: Hello, Good evening and welcome to healthcare magic. Your Troponin levels are normal. Please dont get worried seeing the L. Troponin is an enzyme which is released from cardiac muscle when it is injured. However, it takes few hours to start raising after a cardiac injury. Your Troponin levels are reassuring and indicate that there was probably no injury to your heart to cause that dizzy episode. That was the reason the ER discharged you. The machine and the assay used can not detect a level lesser than 0.02 so any value below that will be shown as < 0.02. The low values are not signifcant. Smile and relax. TAke care Binu
People also viewed
- Usage of cataflam
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of tofranil?
- What does a low troponin means
- Usage of desonide
- What does having low troponin t mean
- Is hyperventilation a side effect of cipro i.v.?
- Side effect of leflunomide
- Usage of folate
- Troponin normal value 400
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of aquazide h?
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of taxotere?
- Is increased thirst a side effect of aquazide h?
- Side effect of ortho cyclen
- What does low troponin levels mean
- What does low troponin value indicate