What does low purine gout diet mean?

I wanted to know what is the meaning of "Low Purine Gout Diet"? My uncle has uric acid and high BP so the doctor have suggested him to follow Low Purine Gout Diet
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 8 hours later

As you might know Gout is a disease that results from an overload of uric acid in the body. This overload of uric acid leads to the formation of tiny crystals of urate that deposit in tissues of the body, especially the joints. This give rise to pain and swelling in joints.

Dietary changes can help reduce uric acid levels in the blood. Purine chemicals when taken are converted by the body into uric acid; so avoiding purine-rich foods is required. Examples of foods XXXXXXX in purines :

Dried beans, peas, lentils.
Cauliflower. XXXXXXX peas.
Oats and oatmeal.
Wheat germ and XXXXXXX
Whole grain breads and cereals.

Avoiding them and taking medicines should help the disease to remain under control and prevent attacks.

I hope this helps and clarifies.

Wishing him good health.

Follow-up: What does low purine gout diet mean? 5 minutes later
In the diet chart it was mention that-

The food listed are low in purine:
Butter, Bread, Cheese, Coca, Coffee, Combread, Cakes, Eggs, Fats of any kind, galapine, Fruit juice

Can he have the food mentioned in the above list.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 29 minutes later

good to hear from you again.

The list that I have mentioned should not be taken or taken in very less quantity to prevent attacks of gout.

The one written by you can be taken.

Everything is moderation is fine.