What does low body temperature indicate after treatment for cold and sore throat?

Apr 2014

I have had a cold and sore throat. Chest X-ray showed light case of pneumonia. Dr. gave me shot of rochephin 0n Dec.27 and 28 . Began an eight day round of ceftin on Sunday, Dec.29. Only temperature was evening of Dec.26 at 100.1 degrees. For past several days temperature has been sub normal at about 97 degrees. Is the sub normal temperature a problem? I still have a slight cough, but feel a bit clammy from the low temperature. I am a male, 88 years old - in generally good health and quite active.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are perfectly alright. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are recovering from your illness. You don't worry about low temperature.Properly cover your body with warm clothes. You don't need more antibiotics.You have finished the course of antibiotics. You can take cough syrup for one week as you still have slight cough.otherwise you are fine. It is good that you are active in your life. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX