What does long stringy lumps of blood discharge indicate?

Infertility Specialist
Sept 11 2013 I was in the hospital to have an xray but they tested to check if I was pregnant first. They came back and told me I was in the early stages of pregnancy and that they had done two separate urine tests and both had came back positive. There was a time delay with me getting to my doctor who then also tested me via a blood test it came back negative. The tests were about 10 days apart. I also had got one positive test myself. About a week after the blood test I bled for a couple of days and passed long stringy stufffintermingled with lumps of blood. Was I pregnant and then miscarried During all of this I had nausea , very sore breasts, extreme tiredness, and certain smells made me want to be sick. I also could not get enough fried chestnut mushrooms to eat.My blood did show that I had high prolactin the last test hat was a couple of weeks ago it is now normal back Nov/Dec there was white milky stuff coming out of my breasts There is something else I should tell you. I spent a night in bed with my boyftiend on 21 Aug two weeks after my last period started. He did not go right inside me but he did push his penis against the side of the entrance to my vagina for several minutes while he was on top of me. Going through through process as if we were having sex without going right inside me He had also rubbed his penis outside my vagina several times that night. I was on top of him as well at different times. His penis was all wet and slippy.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi You are right. You were pregnant. The episode you spent with your boyfriend has probably got you pregnant. Unfortunately you have aborted. Pregnancy must be in very early stages and hence called biochemical pregnancy. So there was pregnancy but could not be continued. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: What does long stringy lumps of blood discharge indicate? 17 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. Through all of this I became very emotional and would just start crying. Was this to do with my hormones? The blood test was negative can the hcg drop that quickly in early pregnancy? I would really now like to have a baby at some stage - because this one did not workout could I have a fertility problem? I know I don't have polycystic ovaries. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi You don't have fertility problem. It is common for so many women to undergo abortions like this. HCG drops early if pregnancy is not viable and early. Your emotional events could possibly be related to these hormonal changes. If you have regular intercourse you might probably get pregnant soon again. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol