What does linear areas of scarring and mild diffuse bronchial wall thickening mean?

What does linear areas of scarring and bronchial wall thickening mean? I just had another bout of neumonia they think..further evaluation of the lung parenchyma is recommended with high resolution ct scan of the chest to better evaluate the parenchyma and interstitium. Linear areas of atelecttasis/ scarring in the perihilar distribution..
Forgot to add mild diffuse bronchial wall thickening
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You have been diagnosed as a case of Multiple sclerosis and asthma since 2 years of age.

2. The radiological changes (On chest xray) as mentioned by you specially in the perihilar area may be due to a healed episode of infection , active infection or ABPA (Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis), especially considering your asthmatic history.

3. Since suffering from asthma makes the possibility of ABPA (Allergic broncho pulmonary aspergillosis) very likely. Hence blood investigations- serum IgE - total and specific for aspergillus fumigatus needs to be done. A CT Thorax may be required if this condition is suspected.

4. Also vaccination for flu and pneumococcus is essential for you.

5. You thus need to get yourself evaluated by a Pulmonologist.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra