What does light red or brown spotting during periods indicate?
User rating for this question
I am 31. It is 2days that I have some light red or brown spots, and it is 12 days left to my period time. My period is always normal and these spots make me concern if I am pregnant or not?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Wait up to the date of expected period! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. From the information you have provided, it is difficult to tell whether this could be pregnancy or not. This is because spotting can be present in so any different conditions other than pregnancy. Some include infections, trauma, no real cause, etc. My advice would be that we wait patiently up to the date of expected period. If your menses do not show up, then we can do a pregnancy test to tell whether you are pregnant or not. For now, be calm. Only a few number of persons with mid cycle spotting do so because of pregnancy. I will like to follow up with you and get updates about this. I do not know whether you want t be pregnant or not. if you don't, please contraception is the best way forward. After resolving this spotting concern, you may want to talk to your doctor if you wish to adopt and practice a contraceptive method. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Is brown spotting indication of periods
- Started irregular periods not under stress what are the risks
- Peyronnies hard penis when flaccid
- Had protected sex have light bleeding what is the problem
- Proteus mirabilis flagyl
- Delayed periods urine pregnancy test negative
- Itchy and flakey scab on labia minora
- Discharge nausea tender breasts history of miscarriage am i pregnant
- What does light red or brown spotting during periods indicate
- Can i smoke pot while taking flagyl
- Vomit that is flakey in toddler
- What causes delayed periods with light brown spotting
- What causes brown spotting and discharge during periods
- Gaining weight irregular periods acne around jawline and neck
- Light brown spotting no period