What does light colored blood discharge after depo shot mean?

Infertility Specialist
I came off the depo shot back in September. Been feeling like im going to start my period for a couple days. Today I felt a gush and went to the bathroom and it was a XXXXXXX discharge with a weird smell. What could this be?it wasnt pink or red. it was light brown, almost XXXXXXX I have endometriosis so my periods are usually thick with blood clots. this was the consistency of water
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: periods Detailed Answer: Hi If you had pink or red discharge this is your period. Initially periods are like this. Later they get regularised. Dark brown or XXXXXXX is collected old blood getting discharged now. This has nothing to do with endometriosis. Since your periods are thick this is your periods. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol