What does "kidneys are spilling protein" mean?

the doctor says my kidneys are spilling protein this is the second time what does this mean
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Guru 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: It means that there might be some kidney problem Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! It means that there might be some kidney problem. However, there may not be a kidney problem also. Because, it may sometimes be due to emotional stress. exercise, fever etc. Usually, this does not cause any symptoms. But, should be addressed and managed as early as possible if kidney problem is suspected based on physical examination, medical history and other investigations to prevent further damage. The most common risk factors for spilling protein by kidneys are diabetes and high blood pressure. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: Wish you good health!