What does itchy and sore spot round clitoris indicate?

I have been suffering from itchy and sore spot round my clitoris what could it be?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Candida infection perhaps Detailed Answer: Hi, Most of the medical problems related to clitoris are fortunately not serious. Itchy and soreness may be due to fungal or candida infection. I would treat this by antifungal drugs both topical and oral. You can get topical antifungal such as lotrimin over the counter, however oral medications will need a prescription from a doctor. Since combined medication topical as well as oral is more effective then topical agents alone, I would urge you to see a dermatologist while you try over the counter medications. I would also recommend to get treatment for your partner even. Hope this helps and answers your question. Regards