What does it mean when urine sample states blood trace H?

Question
What does it mean when urine sample states "blood trace H"?
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later

Sometimes, urine may contain a small amount of blood that is not visible to the naked eye, and only becomes apparent in a laboratory when a urine test is being done and then the urine sample states "blood trace H (hematuria)".

At your age and with a good medical history, the most probable causes are: cystitis (a bladder infection); a kidney infection; kidney stones or inflammation of the urethra, the tube that carries urine out of the body (urethritis).

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD

Follow-up: What does it mean when urine sample states blood trace H? 13 hours later
Is it possible that it could have been the initial stage to diabetes. I'm actually 48 now and have diabetes and trying to prove a case with veterans affairs that my diabetes initial stage started in the military after two knee surgeries which I actually gain weight.

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 10 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

You have mentioned Age:25 first time, I suppose it was a mistake.

I do not believe the blood trace H might have any connection with a potential initial stage to diabetes.

I do not know what to say about your chance to prove a case with veterans affairs, for that you would need the advice of an lawyer expert in the health issues. From my point of view, it won't be easy, because two knee surgeries-gain weight-initial stage to diabetes connections would be very difficult to prove.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD