What does it mean to have a sliver of fluid in endometrial cavity?

What does it mean to have a sliver of fluid in endometrial cavity? What are the consequences?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be a normal finding. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The presence of a sliver of fluid in the endometrial cavity detected on ultrasound scan with no other symptoms can be a normal finding. This can happen due to menstrual bleeding infection in the uterine cavity like endometriosis or an endometrial malignancy if the fluid is of considerable amount and associated with symptoms like pain and irregular bleeding in perimenopausal women. You can get a repeat ultrasound scan done after 8-10 weeks to monitor the progress. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL