What does it mean by sperm count 3?

May 2013
I was told my partners sperm was very low, the doctor said it was .3. What does that mean? XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 31 minutes later

The 3 could be 3 million sperm/milliliter in semen analysis.
Usually above 15 million sperm/milliliter is considered normal.
Less than that is called oligozoospermia.
This can occur because of causes like increasing age, chromosomal defects, varicocele, trauma, infections like mumps, smoking, alcoholism etc.
Depending on the cause treatment should be taken.
Unless there is any anatomical problem improvement can be expected with treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.