What does issues in TMT indicate?

Hello Doctor, I am a 34 year software professional and my name is XXXXXXX Bhasker. Yesterday, I went for a proactive Cardiac testing and the Cardiologist found some issue my TMT and asked me to get a coronary Angiogram done. Today I have got the procedure done. Wanted to show the report to you, to get your advise. Please suggest
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Angiogram report is normal Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX Tread mill tesr (tmt) test is just a screening test and is used to rule out any Ischemic heart disease which can get missed by normal ECG which is taken at rest. In TMT exercise induces the same stress as in real exertion and may precipitate symptoms or ECG changes . It's a normal clinical practise to order for Coronary angiogram if there even minor changes noted in tmt to rule out any blockage in coronary artery due to atheroma plaque. Your Coronary angiogram report is absolutely normal and there is no blockage. So there is no reason to be worried about any blockage and Ischemic heart disease. In the report it's mentioned that the indication of doing the test was family history of coronary artery disease and Hyper triglycerides. If your lipid levels are elevated then you will require lipid lowering agent and diet modification. Rest be assured there is no cause for concern from the angiogram report. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD