What does isolated Citrobacter koseri Enterococcus faecalis indicate in a semen culture?

Infertility Specialist
hi What Citrobacter koseri Enterococcus faecalis isolated in semen culture indicates? I had a semen culture recently.It was mentioned in the report Like: Bed No : MaxId :SHGN.165143 Order Date / Collection Date : Ref. Doctor :Meenakshi Dua Report Date : Result Semen - Culture & Sensitivity: Parameter Comment. Comment : Insignificant in number, kindly correlate clinically. Organism Isolated : Antibiotic For isolates with an interpretation of resistant for high level Aminoglycosides (HLAR), synergy with cell wall active agents (e.g,. Ampicillin, penicillin, Vancomycin) is not achievable Citrobacter koseri Enterococcus faecalis Susceptibility Susceptibility
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Resistant Detailed Answer: Hi This report indicates your semen is infected with the said organism which is unfortunately resistant to many antibiotics which are commonly used. Hence I suggest you repeat culture with different set of antibiotics. Please request the microbiologist in lab to try with different antibiotics than present set. You can take antibiotics accordingly. Please send me a scanned copy of report attaching with this mail. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol