What does interval appearance of increased osteoblastic acitivity in sternal tip or metastasis mean?

Question
hi dr, what do you mean by this result, interval appearance of increased osteoblastic acitivity in sternal tip, differential diagnoses are inflammation or metastasis. Please advise asap. I'm so worried thanks, does it mean my cancer has spread already?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Breast Cancer

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Since you had breast carcinoma earlier,there are increased chances of metastasis. Most metastases  cause increased osteoblastic (bone forming) activity , which shows as “hot spots” on a bone scan.

Bone biopsy may be necessary if a patient presents with bone pain and bone lesions and the diagnosis is in doubt. 
You must consult your doctor and get the necessary bone biopsy done for the final confirmation.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Thanks

Follow-up: What does interval appearance of increased osteoblastic acitivity in sternal tip or metastasis mean? 9 minutes later
patient dont feel any pain at all

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello
It is not necessary that everybody will feel pain.
Some people with metastasis may not complain of pain.
Best of luck.
Thanks