What does hypoenhancing lesion in the right lateral pituitary which reflects microadenoma mean? Does it indicate any abnormality?

See my recent history?? What does this mean in laymen's terms? The impression is 3 mm hypoenhancing lesion in the right lateral pituitary which reflects microadenoma. How is my situation normally treated??
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shivaprasad C 41 minutes later
Thanks for writing in. Small microadenoma cant account for low T and libido. The most important thing is to determine whether the tumor is functional or not. If ots functional it needs to be treated with oral medications or surgery as the case may be. If its non functional based on hormonal tests it can be left alone with serial follow up MRI annuallly or so. Such incidental microadenomas are not uncommon and many such tumors are non functional. So nothing much to worry