What does high TA and GGT levels indicate?

Hi I have recently gone for a blood test! The results showed High Alk Phos 131(35-120 U/L) High AST 47 (0-40 U/L) High ALT 115 (3-40 U/L) High GGT 408 (0-50 U/L) All other Bilirubin Total, Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin, Alb/Glo ratio within normal range. I also had the blood count report, WBC was high 11.51 (4.00 - 11.00 ths/uL), all other blood counts RBC, HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, MPV, PLT, Neytrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils are in normal range. What kind of liver disease I might have?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible alcoholic liver disease unless hep.B,C po Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. I have seen your lab reports and noticed that your TA are really high including high GGT. All of them are indicative for alcoholic liver disease if you have been using alcohol. Other causes include hep.B and C, for which you should be screened accordingly. I suggest to: - do abdominal ultrasound - get checked for hep.B,C Based on the test results, specific treatment would be prescribed. I also advise to stop drinking alcohol and to repeat the blood work after 6-8 weeks. Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What does high TA and GGT levels indicate? 9 minutes later
Hi please check my reports again which I have uploaded. In the reports, I think the test for Hep B and C are -ve. Also I rarely drink, so I doubt it could be from alcohol? Any other causes you might think?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Causes to high GGT&transaminases... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Can you please upload your lab and echo results at YYYY@YYYY with subject line: "Attention to Dr.Klerida Shehu" as I did not received any report uploaded. If Hep.B and C were all negative and you do not drink alcohol, then, I'd kindly ask the type of job you are doing? Is your job dealing with chemicals? Are you also using any other drug? Usually, such high GGT and high TA might be falsely reported if alcohol was consumed prior to the blood test. Another cause could be primary biliary cirrhosis (hereditary condition) and/or pancreatitis or other gallbladder problems. However, I should have the test results first. Thank you! Dr.Klerida