What does green discharge with back pain during pregnancy indicate?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Hi iam 38 weeks pregnant and 3 days its been a week am having green goowy discharges and had white thick ones realy bad back pains sharp ones and feels sore stomach cramps had few opend bowls lot of pressure on my bum feel urge to poo but nothing dizzy not sleeping well. Thanks
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may have infection or amniotic fluid leak Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Green discharges and white thick ones with back pain may be : -infection, due to bacterial with yeast infection -rupture of membranes with amniotic fluid leak You need to consult with your doctor ASAP for further evaluation, because : -you may be close to delivery -you may have STD (like gonorrhea),you need to be tested and treated because this infection can complicate pregnancy and may have serious effects on both you and your developing baby. For the bowel problems you should eat foods rich with fibers and take much liquids . To relive fissures (opens)in your bowel you can use some creams that contain lidocaine. Please let me know for everything you will do. Take care of your self
Follow-up: What does green discharge with back pain during pregnancy indicate? 3 hours later
I thought it waz XXXXXXX hiks or labour sighn my back is very sore iam still having discharges white clear goowy very light green got no itchiness went to see gp took the swobs of discharges for test.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 13 hours later
Brief Answer: You should wait Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. Im happy for you that there wasnt leakage of amniotic fluid. You should wait for the results of vaginal culture and after that you should be treated from your doctor. As you are in term(you are ready to deliver)you should go to the hospital when: -Contractions come at regular intervals and last about 30-70 seconds. -Contractions steadily increase in strength. -Water breaking Please monitor fetal movement and tell me for swab result. Take care of your self