What does follicular changes noted mean on a transvaginal ultrasound?

What would "follicular changes noted" mean on a transvaginal ultrasound? (first and only ultrasound? Is there a chance an abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound could miss a pregnancy at 9 weeks?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 31 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

Ultrasound can not miss 9 weeks pregnancy whether it is an abdominal or TVS

Follicular changes can be a corpus luteum due to pregnancy or due to ovulation when not pregnant.

I would like to know your menstrual history and pregnancy test in urine.

Since you have mentioned Dermoid in your past history so I would like know any history of surgery before.

Please attach the reports if possible so that I can guide you better

Best wishes

Follow-up: What does follicular changes noted mean on a transvaginal ultrasound? 7 minutes later
Could I be pregnant? 

I was on the pill (Ovcon 50) started having nausea all the time, tender breasts, change in bowel movements, loss of appetite, and a lot of bloating.  I discontinued use of the pill 5 days AFTER the last time I had intercourse.   

The doctor ran the tests below and only found a 7cm dermoid in my right ovary. 
I will be seeing a surgeon next week to have it removed but is there any chance these symptoms could be a missed pregnancy? I continue to have the symptoms above and the bloating has gotten worse. I would currently be 20 weeks past conception. 

10 urine tests (home and doctor. 4 weeks past possible conception /9 weeks past possible conception) 

2 blood tests (4 weeks/9 weeks, including full hormonal blood work)- low estrogen was only issue found. 

Abdominal/transvaginal ultrasound (9 weeks past possible conception) 
I have not missed a period but my normal 28 day cycle has been 30 and 33 days the last 2 months and my cycle has been lighter than normal. I've never been pregnant before. Never had surgery. I've never had any medical issues until now.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 24 minutes later

Welcome back

Dear the picture you gave is very confusing

First of all I couldn't get the term 4 weeks past possible conception/9 weeks past possible conception

If all the tests are negative and you have not missed your periods and you are having scant or lighter periods , you are less likely to be pregnant.

Only thing which comes in my mind it that an ectopic pregnancy should be excluded in that case the periods are scanty but tests should be positive

As you have a mass in the ovary so you need to get tumour marker CA 125 done

Get your blood beta HCG for further confirmation of pregnancy.

Bloating can be due to ovarian cyst or gastritis

Best wishes

Keep in touch