What does flesh colored growth underneath eyebrows,indicate?

Jan 2014

In 2009, my primary physician referred me to a dermatologist for a flesh colored, smooth neoplasm of uncertain behavior, had appeared underneath one of my eyebrows, and had increased slightly in size. I was given a physical exam and told there was no need to biopsy this growth, as it definitely was not malignant. I recently noticed that it has doubled in size, to approximately the size of the head of a pencil eraser. It also appears to have become less well-defines at its borders. There is a barely perceptible change from flesh color to a very light brown, in part. Also the texture is no longer smooth, but now contains random, small pin-point elevated areas. It is not painful or itchy. Does this description warrant a biopsy at this time? If not, are there definite signs I should watch for, which would indicate the need for a biopsy in the future?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of benign tumor Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would keep the possibilities of: -Benign epithelial tumor -Appendageal tumor of the skin Biopsy would be confirmatory. Biopsy is not necessarily done only if their is a clinical suspicion of malignant growth. Benign tumors can be completely removed by excision biopsy. It is not only curative but also provides exact histopathological diagnosis of a benign tumor. However, any history of friability, bleeding, ulceration are danger signs and indicate that the growth is malignant and it should be removed by either simple surgical excision with adequate margins. I would be greatly helped if you could send me a clear photograph of the lesion? take care regards