Ask a Urologist   »  

What does fishy smell white residue on inner ware indicate?

Jul 2016

I'm a 64 years old man, for about 6 month now I have lots of white residue on my underwear. Sometime there are chunk of white stuff on my underwear with a stong fish smell which makes me think of prostate. What is going on? There is no pain
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It needs to be investigated. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have lots of white residue on your inner wares and worried about having enlarged prostate.This is most likely to be due to stagnated urine. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) Do you have any obstructive urinary symptoms like increased frequency of urination,nocturnal frequency of urination ,poor stream ,hesitancy.urgency etc ? Please consult qualified urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis. 1) Urine routine and culture. 2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and ultrasound scanning with rectal probe to rule out enlarged prostate and post void residue of urine 3) Serum PSA. Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What does fishy smell white residue on inner ware indicate? 22 minutes later
the answer is yes to all of your questions but its has been like this for over 10 years. I am after all 64. and like I have already said, I have no pain, zero. I'm from Montreal, Quebec. There is no fee for me but I don't look forward to this.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your have Symptoms of enlarged prostate. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Pain is not the presenting symptom of enlarged prostate. You need to get investigated to confirm that you have enlarged prostate and take the necessary treatment . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.