What does feet feel cold and sweaty after flu treatment?

Rheumatologist
Question
I was diagnosis with flu, my dr gave me tamiflu,doxycline, and benzonatate, i dont have any more fevers since 4 days ago, but my feet are always cold and sweating, why is that? I have to go back to work tomorrow but Im afraid the infection still dont go away and I feel weak. Thank you
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is a common phenomenon with viral fevers , when they settle people generally feel weak , fatigued and sweaty . Since fever is not there the infection has subsided . I will advise you to take a multivitamin tablet and a paracetamol when you have fatigue and body pains . Keep yourself hydrated . This all will settle down in 2-3 days. Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What does feet feel cold and sweaty after flu treatment? 40 minutes later
But why my feet are cold and sweating and I have stuffig nose and still coughing a little and comming out from my chest some mucus

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, The point is that if you have improvement after taking the medicine it has worked otherwise a different antibiotic course will be required . But as you report that fever has come down that is indicative of working of medicine . Little cough and stuffed nose remains after completing antibiotic course for 3-4 days , there is nothing to worry about this but if you feel there is worsening of symptoms meet your treating doctor for considering another antibiotic course. Take care. Dr. Shruti