What does fair left ventricular function indicate?

Hi My father (age 76yrs) who is been complaining of tiredness and feeling heavy in heart went for general checkup and they came up with the report which is saying fair LV function . Can you please advice us on his condition and further steps ? Thank you for your help.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: May need more tests... Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic He may need further assessment and assistance The function may be good at rest / and the problem may manifest on greater demand, like effort. TMT – Treadmill exercise ECG; may be with thallium isotope – is necessary to evaluate ischemia (reduced blood flow / Coronary Artery Disease) / LABORATORY work-up like enzymes, electrolytes and kidney function – may also be necessary for further assessment and assistance. The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Follow-up: What does fair left ventricular function indicate? 9 minutes later
Thanks for quick response. I have also attached reports in my previous query . Hope you received them ? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sorry Detailed Answer: No reports seen
Follow-up: What does fair left ventricular function indicate? 3 minutes later
I have reattached reports. Please advice us.Thanks
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: All reports reassuring Detailed Answer: Hi ECHO is NORMAL ECG is OK (Early Repolarisation – normal variant) The prescription is appropriate He is in good hands… Go for stress test - exercise ECG, as suggested… Regards