What does "etal BPD is 63mm, HC is 218mm, AC is 196 mm, FL is 46.4 mm." mean?
User rating for this question
My wife's pregnancy is now at 25 weeks. As per doctor's advise an ultrasound has been performed today to check the fetal growth, and the report is attached. Also for reference, plz find below the findings: The gravid uterus contains a single live foetus with transverse lie. Placentra anterior low lying, grade 1 maturity. Liquor is adequate. Fetal BPD is 63mm, HC is 218mm, AC is 196 mm, FL is 46.4 mm. Fetal weight 728 gms +/- 108 gms. My question is, whether this report is normal and whether we need to take anything to worry. Plz advise. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Report OK except placental position. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Ultrasound report looks OK except for low lying placenta. Low lying placenta increases risk of vaginal bleeding & premature delivery slightly. But as it is just 25 weeks pregnancy, placenta can migrate up (normally upto 28-30 weeks). You can check position of placenta in next scan (4-6 weeks later). Just try to avoid intercourse, as it may precipitate bleeding. Otherwise she can lead normal life. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Follow-up: What does "etal BPD is 63mm, HC is 218mm, AC is 196 mm, FL is 46.4 mm." mean? 4 minutes later
Thanks so much. Just wanted to check, what is transverse lie? Also forgot to mention the FHR is 147 bpm. Hope this is fine, too. Eaiting for your reply, thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Welcome back. Transverse lie indicates baby's horizontal position. Lie has no significance at 25 weeks. At term (after 35-37 weeks) lie has to be vertical with baby in upside down position (head down) to increase chance of normal delivery. At this time lie is changing due to baby's movements & has no significance. FHR of 147bpm is normal. (Normal range: 110 to 160bpm). Regards.
People also viewed
- Is it safe journey on bike in 4 month pregnancy
- How can i permanently get rid of temporary cavity
- What is bpd 66mm in fetus
- How calculate bpd fl ac
- How can i get normal liver ast values
- Bpd hc ac fl fetal biometry
- Am i taking proper medication for hair loss
- Will drayurveda body growth effective without any side effects
- What does hc-558mm and bpd-16mm of nt scan suggest
- Does rabies transmit from rabies infected cows milk
- Relationship between duphaston and miscarriage
- Difference between folic tablet and folvite tablet
- Bpd 23mm in cm bpd means
- What does renal pelvises bilaterally of the foetus are dilated mean
- Can i stop taking duvadilan retard in between?