What does coughing up of pink and white tissue,indicate?
User rating for this question
last night I coughed up a thin string of pink and white tissue. I have not had a cold. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry, see below for detailed answer. Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, There are very tiny delicate blood vessels in the lining of the throat. When you cough there is a sudden increase in pressure leading to rupture of these vessels . Blood along with the mucus is coughed up as a pinkish mass. There is really nothing to be done. Do not clear your throat or hack or cough very forcefully. If the symptom recurs then you can pay a visit to the ENT to take a look at your throat. Feel free to follow up. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
People also viewed
- Ear feel air filled
- What kind of cough is a lung cancer cough
- Ear drum damage from ear slap
- Duromine sore throat passed and is now back
- What does coughing up of pink and white tissueindicate
- What cause white fibrous phlegm in the initial cough
- Draining lump behind my ear stinks
- Blood pressure range 10275
- Dry mouth salty taste kidney function
- Wisdom teeth removal and platlets 102000
- Fever of 1021 blisters inside of mouth
- 103 fever in 13 year old
- Cough green substance coughed out what to do
- 130 over 103 blood pressure
- Coughing up with some white substances what is this