What does coughing up of pink and white tissue,indicate?
User rating for this question
last night I coughed up a thin string of pink and white tissue. I have not had a cold. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry, see below for detailed answer. Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, There are very tiny delicate blood vessels in the lining of the throat. When you cough there is a sudden increase in pressure leading to rupture of these vessels . Blood along with the mucus is coughed up as a pinkish mass. There is really nothing to be done. Do not clear your throat or hack or cough very forcefully. If the symptom recurs then you can pay a visit to the ENT to take a look at your throat. Feel free to follow up. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
People also viewed
- Depression after open heart surgery
- What kind of cough is a lung cancer cough
- I need diet for congestive heart failure
- What does coughing up of pink and white tissueindicate
- Pilonidal sinus operation
- Smelly nose mucus
- Pharyngeal pouch symptoms
- What cause white fibrous phlegm in the initial cough
- Severe tonsil pain
- How important is blood pressure
- The soft palate
- Can high blood pressure cause sinus tachycardia
- Cough green substance coughed out what to do
- Anybody have some good links or ideas about foods
- Coughing up with some white substances what is this