What does carrier of Lupus mean?

WHAT DOES BEING A CARRIER OF LUPUS MEAN. Can lupus carriers develop the disease or any symptoms of the disease. My doctor told me my ANA was + and the titer was high for lupus.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below... Detailed Answer: Hi, Lupus itself is an autoimmune disease, and not genetic. Thus, cannot be transmitted. The "carrier" could be related to those individuals who are "X-linked CGD carriers" where CGD stands for chronic granulomatosis disease. There is a scientific evidence that "X-linked CGD carriers" might develop symptoms of Lupus. Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!