Ask a Urologist   »  

What does brown vaginal discharge indicate?

I pee this morning n it was brown discharge (dry blood) when I whipped myself!!!! I had came on Sunday it was light red then the next day it was brown now today it's just in my pee!!!!!! period was 3-4 days late
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal bleeding of monthly period... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. You are saying to have brown discharge after peeing, while it was light red on Sunday. You are also mentioning that your periods are 3-4 days late. From what you are reporting, the brown discharge, and Sunday's light red discharge are indicating that you are having your periods. It happens sometimes to have changes in the intensity and color when having monthly periods. Do not worry about that! Wait for few more days to see if your periods will come. In case you are also experiencing burning, pain or difficulty while urinating, I'd suggest to run urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound to exclude uro-genital infection and get properly treated. Otherwise, it is a normal bleeding of monthly periods. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana