What does brown bruise on hip and lump in abdomen after heroin relapse indicate?

General Surgeon
Hi i suffered a heroin relapse a month ago. A few days ago i noticed a brown bruise like spot near my left hip. I have what feels like abdominal mass above my naval which when i press it, my left kidney feels like its going to pop. The left side of my body is sore and extends all the way down to my left heel...i have a burning sensation too in my left foot. I have a metallic taste in my mouth and the day before yesterday i had hickups the whole lasted until yesterday morning. I am going to see a dr tomorrow but maybe you could give me an idea of what this may be.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: can be a stomach tumor...get a usg Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. If you are feeling a lump in your abdomen, then you need to get an ultrasound scan of your abdomen... as abdomen is a Pandora's box with so many organs inside...that without a physical examination or a usg it is impossible to say what it can be...though most likely it may be arising from your stomach...can be malignant too... Maybe its that mass only which has caused your hernia recurrence and it is the one which is compressing upon your left kidney and causing soreness on the left side by pressing the nerves. That mass is also irritating your diaphragm to cause hiccups but i m not sure of the metalic taste in your mouth. Hope that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma