What does bronchial dilatation mean?
User rating for this question
please help understand the report
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Bronchiectasis with collapsed lung. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Bronchial dilatation means diameter of airway within lung is increased.This is generally caused by previous infection or inflammatory process.Cause of this is fibrosis in surrounding lungs causing traction on airways.This cannot be treated or corrected.This dilated airways can lead to pooling of lung secretions and lead to recurrent infections.So precautions of clearing lung secretions are to be undertaken life long. Atelectasis means collapse of aerated lung segment.Such segment may get reinflated when underlying cause resolves, but may persist if there is fibrosis preventing reinflation. Both conditions are secondary to infection and inflammation.One needs keep a follow up in such cases and no active treatment is needed. Hope this helps.Regards.
Follow-up: What does bronchial dilatation mean? 20 minutes later
is it serious? can this lead to any serious disease?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: It's not extremely serious or life threatening. But does affect lung function. One has to take precautions and keep regular follow up. Regards
Follow-up: What does bronchial dilatation mean? 23 minutes later
what precaution needs to be taken now and how to clear lung secretion
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Suspicion for respiratory infection.Physiotherapy Detailed Answer: Hello, Maintaining high suspicion for respiratory infection and treating them early are the precautions.Avoid extreme cold environment, allergens , dust and smoking. For draining lung secretions steam inhalation and chest physiotherapy can help. Chest physiotherapy is usefull more in cases of think inspisated collection.A physiotherapist can help you learn the way to drain lung secretions. Hope this helps.Regards.
People also viewed
- I am suffering from renal cell carcinoma, can i take provera?
- Bronchial wall thickening what does it mean
- Is small testes curable
- Is iron chews used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia?
- What does pelvicalyceal dilatation meaning
- What does bronchial dilatation mean
- Is e 400 clear used in the treatment of vitamin e deficiency?
- Can ppd damage hair follicles
- Cyst in the left occipital horn
- Fishy smelling fluid from cyst
- I am suffering from chlamydia infection, can i take doxy 100?
- Follicular study how days minimum size
- I am suffering from bullous pemphigoid, can i take millipred?
- What does dilatation of ureter mean
- What does calyceal dilatation mean