What does blue/green circle inside labia indicate?

Dec 2013

Hi, I just noticed a blue/green circle inside my labia. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: kindly send deatails Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand the concern for blue/green circle inside labia. There can be multiple of blue/green circle inside labia. The history provided is too brief to reach to any conclusive point. I request you to please kindly elaborate your query in detail so that I can help you best regarding the health issues. Kindly elaborate the problem in terms of - - Since how long blue/green circles are present. - Is it present only over inner side or outside also. - Is there any itching present over the same. If present then is the itching -mild/moderate or severe. - Any kind of eruptions or any bumps you felt - Are you are sexually active and if yes any recent sexual encounter. If yes with or without protection. You can send a picture of the area so that I can analyze it better. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia. Hope to hear soon from your side to help and guide you best for your condition. With good health wishes, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow-up: What does blue/green circle inside labia indicate? 50 minutes later
Thank you for replying. I just noticed this circle today; it's more like a dot, and only ok the inner part. I have felt no itching and there haven't been any bumps or eruptions that I am aware of. Yes, I am sexually active, and the last time I had vaginal intercourse was Sunday.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its a normal finding Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your follow up. After getting all the important information regarding your problem- let me reassure you that it is not at all any kind of Sexually transmitted disease. It is a common finding at inner labial part because of high vascularity ( blood supply) and thin mucosal skin. During bit of friction during sexual intercourse there is mild bruising at the site which can cause the bluish green color at this site. It can be normal finding also in some females. Many times I see patients who are quite confused regarding presence of some abnormality. The best guiding point is if at all any burning, itching or any other abnormal sensation is present along with the abnormal color. An important guide way point is if at all any bumps or discharge is present along with this color. In your self there is only the color difference is been noticed so there is no point of any abnormality in your case. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area or even unnecessarily look and touch it again otherwise these areas are very prone for getting secondary infection. You do not require any treatment for the same. So do not also try to apply anything over this area. Just maintain good hygiene and avoid sexual intercourse for some time and that to gently in future. I hope you must be relaxed now. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help. With good health wishes, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases