What does blotchy darkened skin on the backs of legs indicate?
User rating for this question
Hi, I have a 17 year old daughter who gets blotchy darkened skin on the backs of her legs after showering and exercise. She has no other symptoms. She is very healthy. The blotches lighten considerably when her body cools down but it never totally goes away. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blotchy dark skin over legs Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, From your description it looks like a birthmark or nevus with a vascular component. I am suspecting a vascular component because it becomes prominent when circulation over the skin increases like exercise and shower. You have a feature to upload the images of the blotchy skin by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can assess better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Take care. Dr Johny Chacko.
People also viewed
- Darkening skin on lower legs
- Sciatica shortness of breath
- Poor breathing tiredness
- Plasticine smell to breath
- Getting grey beard very fast permenant solution
- When ribs pop and sore when breathing
- Growing a beard reaction from family
- What does strong pulse on back leg indicate
- Spasm in throat and shortness of breath
- Darkening skin pigmentation on legs
- Red raw dry skin flakey beard
- Dry red flaky itchy patches underneath beard
- What does red blotchy skin tingling in the mouth indicate
- Bearded dragon genital problems
- Skin darkened at back of leg