What does blotchy darkened skin on the backs of legs indicate?
User rating for this question
Hi, I have a 17 year old daughter who gets blotchy darkened skin on the backs of her legs after showering and exercise. She has no other symptoms. She is very healthy. The blotches lighten considerably when her body cools down but it never totally goes away. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blotchy dark skin over legs Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, From your description it looks like a birthmark or nevus with a vascular component. I am suspecting a vascular component because it becomes prominent when circulation over the skin increases like exercise and shower. You have a feature to upload the images of the blotchy skin by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can assess better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Take care. Dr Johny Chacko.
People also viewed
- Darkening skin on lower legs
- Norvasc and darkened skin of legs
- Nature cure tips for fistula
- Pooping mucus and having a lot of gas
- Precautions after typhoid fever
- Natural food to remove gray hair
- My upper lip is black what are the ways and home remedies to have a rose lip fore
- Post iv hard lump vein
- Post traumatic stress disorder after aneurysm
- Precaution for pregnant lady during train travel
- Nails ribbed
- Darkening skin pigmentation on legs
- What does red blotchy skin tingling in the mouth indicate
- Idiopathic hirsutism
- Skin darkened at back of leg